Halifax Waterfront, May 7, 2023 at 9:30 am
What to expect on the ride
- We will meet at 9:30am and the ride will start at 10:00am
- Kids and their grown-ups will ride their bikes (or scooters) together, on multi-use pathways and city streets.
- Rides are planned, led and marshalled by community volunteers
- Snacks and drinks are provided at the end of the ride
- Meeting places and routes will be specified for each ride, including a map and turn-by-turn directions.
- We’ll have activities to help you meet and connect with new friends and familiar faces, and we’ll have prizes for the kids as well!
- If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will post a notice on this website by 7:30am on the day of the ride.
- Please help protect our community from COVID-19. Our rides and activities take place entirely outdoors, but we do ride as a group and share outdoor public space with many others. Masks are welcomed, but please stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact KidicalMassHfx@gmail.com
Ride Specific Info
- Our meeting point is on Devonshire Ave at Vincent Street
- There is a triangular patch of grass where we can gather, and we’ll have a few amusements (sidewalk chalk, bubbles) set up to help keep the kids busy before the ride
- There are bus stops on Barrington Street near the starting point of the ride
- There is plenty of on-street parking near the starting point of the ride
- We’ll be riding to the Halifax waterfront using a mix of roads, multi-use paths, and a bit of the waterfront boardwalk
- See the map below for more details of the route
- We’ll be travelling downhill on Devonshire Ave, but there is a steep slope (up to 5%) where it meets Barrington St. Please keep this in mind for any of your young riders.
- The multi-use path conditions are rough (loose gravel and uneven paving) in a couple of spots, due to construction at the Cogswell interchange
- Our destination is the waterfront playground, outside the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- There are washrooms located inside the museum, and port-a-potties on the waterfront near the Salt Yard
- We’ll have snacks and prizes at the destination, including slushies from I Heart Bikes!