Downtown Dartmouth: July 16, 2023 @9:30am
Ride starts at Henry Findlay Park, 123 Hawthorne St. Dartmouth
What to expect on the ride
- We will meet at 9:30am and the ride will start at 10:00am
- Kids and their grown-ups will ride their bikes (or scooters) together, on multi-use pathways and city streets.
- Rides are planned, led and marshalled by community volunteers
- Snacks and drinks are provided at the end of the ride
- Meeting places and routes will be specified for each ride, including a map and turn-by-turn directions.
- We’ll have activities to help you meet and connect with new friends and familiar faces, and we’ll have prizes for the kids as well!
- If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will post a notice on this website by 7:30am on the day of the ride.
- Please help protect our community from COVID-19. Our rides and activities take place entirely outdoors, but we do ride as a group and share outdoor public space with many others. Masks are welcomed, but please stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact KidicalMassHfx@gmail.com
Ride Specific Info
- Henry Findlay Park can be accessed from Hawthorne St. (by multi-use path) or by Nowlan St.
- There are bus stops nearby on Hawthorne St. and Crichton Ave.
- There is parking on Nowlan St. and Hawthorne St.
- Henry Findlay Park has a small playground and some picnic tables. Please note that the playground surface is pea-gravel, which makes the play structure and swings inaccessible for some. There are no public restrooms at Henry Findlay Park. The nearest ones are located at Birch Cove Park or Graham’s Grove Park, along either side of Lake Banook.
- See the map below for more details of the ride route, including information about the road & pathway conditions.
- The destination playground is Ferry Terminal Park, which has: benches & picnic tables for seating, one large play structure with a rubber surface, and a spinning carousel. There are public restrooms nearby in the Alderney Gate Ferry Terminal and within Alderney Landing.
- We’ll provide snacks and prizes at the destination.
- We’ll also be offering DIY painted bicycle bells, and we’ll supply everything you need to get creative!
- Halifax Cycles will be offering e-cargo bike test rides at Ferry Terminal Park.