North End Halifax: August 13, 2023 @9:30am
Ride starts and ends at St. Stephen’s Elementary School, Normandy Drive entrance
What to expect on the ride
- We will meet at 9:30am and the ride will start at 10:00am
- Kids and their grown-ups will ride their bikes (or scooters) together, on multi-use pathways and city streets.
- Rides are planned, led and marshalled by community volunteers
- Snacks and drinks are provided at the end of the ride
- Meeting places and routes will be specified for each ride, including a map and turn-by-turn directions.
- We’ll have activities to help you meet and connect with new friends and familiar faces, and we’ll have prizes for the kids as well!
- If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will post a notice on this website by 7:30am on the day of the ride.
- Please help protect our community from COVID-19. Our rides and activities take place entirely outdoors, but we do ride as a group and share outdoor public space with many others. Masks are welcomed, but please stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact KidicalMassHfx@gmail.com
Ride Specific Info
- We’ll meet at the school playground & driveway on Normandy Drive
- There are bus stops nearby on Leeds Street and Novalea Drive.
- There is on-street parking on several nearby streets
- Stephen’s Elementary School has a playground for young children, a large sports field, and a driveway accessed from Normandy Drive. There is another playground, basketball court, & gaga ball pit on the Leeds Street side of the school.
- There are some benches within the small playground space, but otherwise limited options for seating. There are no public washrooms on site.
- The route is circular: it starts and ends at St. Stephen’s school.
- See the map below for more details of the ride route.
- We’ll provide snacks, prizes, and activities at the end of the ride. We’ve had a generous donation of iced treats from Lee at the Hydrostone Groceteria.